O. M. G. I've been nominated by two pretty ladies for the Liebster Award. (Thanks Living Lavendar and Mixed-Up Mayhem!)
Never heard of the Liebster Award? Here are the details I found:
1. You must link back to the person that nominated you.
2. You must answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated you.
3. Pick 11 Nominees of your own with under 200 followers, not including the blogger that nominated you.
4. Ask your nominees 11 questions and contact them.
So basically it is a super awesome way to help new/small-ish blogs find new followers and I mean who doesn't love getting an award!
Questions from Mixed-Up Mayem:
1. Where is the one place you have never been, but really want to visit the most?EUROPE! Yep, thats broad but I've never been traveled out of the country other than to Central America and the Caribbean. As an artist, I can't WAIT until my trip to Europe to see everything I've learned about for years! (Yes, I say can't wait because I WILL go one day)
2. What's one food you never get tired of? Mexican, I mean seriously you could take me to get a margarita, cheese dip and fajitas every night and I just might marry you. (shh don't tell Reed it would have been that easy).
3.Tattoos - yes or no? If yes, share! If no, would you?I don't have any, I've attempted twice (meaning made appointments and met with the artist) but something always comes up. I don't know if I will ever get one but I like to think I will, plus Reed wants me too and that would be fun to do together:)
4.Mac or PC? iPhone or Droid?Apple all the way! Love my Mac and Iphone. My mac has withstood the test of art school and has all the stains, cracks, and scratches to prove it. And it is still going strong!!
5. What is your favorite thing to do when you spend time alone?Well, I've had a lot of a lone time since our move in June. I honestly think my favorite thing changes depending on what mood I'm in. But I could always go for a cuddle on the sofa with my puppy!
6. What is your favorite thing to blog about?I love to share my knowledge. So anytime I can write about art (how to make it, my ideas behind an art piece) or what I'm learning from God I always feel so good after. I don't do either super often. They are topics I want to stay passionate about and not feel like I'm "forcing".
Questions from Living Lavender:
1.What quote do you live by?John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." There is nothing this doesn't apply to, and it reminds me that no matter what "trouble" I'm in there is no need to worry, and that is always a huge burden lifted.
2. What is your favorite season?By far summer. I do not do cold well, and would rather be in shorts and a tank top (or bikini) than bundled up. I absolutely adore the beach and let my self soak up the sun every chance I get!
3. What is the meaning behind your blog name?Kitchen Table Art was inspired by my Grandma (Kaka). She is also an artist so we often visited and did art projects on her kitchen table. Being homeschooled meant I also did a lot of work at my moms kitchen table. My grandma eventually painted a beautiful story on my moms kitchen table and it is something I treasure! You can read more about the name and see some pictures HERE>
4.What would your dream job be? Well, I'm having trouble figuring this out right now. I wrote a post about it HERE. But if I could do anything in the world with out worrying about "failure" I would probably open up my own shop. I would love to sell whatever my creative fancy finds, while creating a place that inspires others to understand and love true art as much as I do!
5. What beauty product can you not live with out?Mascara. I had short hair for about 4 years and felt like if I didn't have mascara on I looked like a boy. So the habit continues even though my hair is MUCH longer now!
6.You're stranded on a desert island. Why do you want with you?Reed. Yep thats my husband. And honestly it isn't an "ooey gooey" answer. He is a true outdoors man that knows how to harvest all types of animals and plants to eat, he can build/fix anything with anything (usually all he needs is a pocket knife and duct tape so those might be nice to have on the island too), he literally has a college degree in all things outdoors. So if you know him, your answer to the question would be the same :)
Now that you know a few more random facts about me here are my nominees!
>>PS. I used bloglovin to pick each of you :)
And the 11 questions I have for y'all!
1. Are you a symmetrical or asymmetrical person? (in style/design)
2. How many siblings do you have?
3. What do you see as your biggest talent?
4. What did you think 2014 would look like back in the 90's??
5. What kind of car do you drive?
6. Is your name a family name? What does your name mean?
7. If you could live anyway you wanted would it be a big house or small house? Country or City? (And don't worry about cleaning because its a perfect world and messes don't happen and noise isn't a problem)
8. What has blogging taught you?
9. What is your perfect date? ;)
10. If you couldn't die, what would you attempt first?
11. What accent do you wish you had? (southern, Spanish, northern, Australian, Irish, ect..)
Can't wait to hear what y'all have to say!! Be sure to leave me a comment when you post yours!