Monday, June 24, 2013

Clemson University Kitchen Table

I'm sure you know by now that I have an obsession with furniture, specifically kitchen furniture :)
A while back I got this beautiful pedestal table from Salvation Army in Clemson for $15!
I used it for about 3 or 4 sculptures and finally got around to using it for what I bought it for. I have been dying to paint a kitchen table for some one. 
I decided while I was still in Clemson I should honor my last few weeks with a Clemson themed table. 
I drew out a "map" of Clemsons campus using some of our biggest land marks. 


First I sanded the top down and then white washed it giving me a blank canvas to illustrate the top. 





I wanted to give the landmarks a twist by doing my own interpretation, I chose the Presidents House. 


Tillman Hall

Memorial Stadium

The Walker Course

 Cooper Library

The Esso Club

Lake Hartwell


Painting this table was so much fun! 
I wish it could live in my home forever but I've collected too many tables over time. Right now it is in a consignment store in Clemson but if you are interested let me know and we can work something out!! 




***************
Sorry I've been gone for a long time! I'm going to try and start posting again soon. We are starting to settle in to our new home wich means y'all are about to get a lot of new projects!! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Clemson girl right here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika!! Thank you for coming by the blog I love meeting new Tiger fans!! Just checked out yours and am so jealous of all of your precious projects! Also, love your wedding photo on your about me page!! We are getting ready for tailgate season around here, and I would love to see more of you and your fabulous blog :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...