Monday, March 4, 2013

Long time no see!

Hey friends!
Sorry I have been off the grid for a week or two. 
Things have just gotten so busy and whatever free time I've had between school and other projects I just wanted to spend cuddling with the Tepster and Reed :) 

I have so much to catch up on for you guys. 
Lots of school projects that I think you'll like and even a few tangents of my own thoughts. 
But I've gotta take small steps to getting caught up cause I don't wanna miss anything! 

First I figured I would go back to the week of Valentines day. 
I did a few projects for customers of my Etsy shop that week and never had the chance to share. 

First was for some good friends and returning customers :) 
I have done 3 or 4 things for them in the past and so I was able to have a little more fun than normal with this piece. I was working on it for a while but I am so happy with how it turned out. 





Lots of fun trying to figure out a way to do the typical "house divided USC vs. Clemson" sign with a little more artistic flare. 

The second project was for a new friend and customer that saw one of my pallet paintings and wanted one for her boyfriend. She chose a quote that he knew well and let me kind of illustrate it as I saw fit. 
It took a while to do the script but we are both really happy with how it turned out. 

Finally. I've shared these pictures before but wanted to make more of a comment on them.
The weekend after Valentines day I did the photography for a friends small intimate wedding. 
( I'm still working on editing. I don't know how professional photographers do it!) 
But not only did I have the chance to try my hand at photography but I also got to do some of my favorite crafts :) 


This was the main decoration for the wedding and was seen as soon as you walked in the door. 
The theme for the wedding was "Love Is" going off of the verse  1 Corinthians 13:4-8. 
Instead of writing out the entire verse I went through and picked out some of the more predominant words/ phrases and wrote them on the pallet in different fonts. 

Once I finished this project I didn't want to send it away! 
I love it so much!
But it fit better on their mantel than it would have anywhere in our itsy bitsy house. 

Another kind of last minute contribution to the wedding was their "guest book". 
Lindsey & Rhett wanted something they cold keep in their house and asked me to come up with something they could frame later on. 
I've seen many of these thumb print guest trees and decided to go with that and just personalize it. 


Going with the theme "love is" I wrote out the verse, date, and their names beneath the tree that their closest friends and family would fill out with their thumb prints. 


It was so fun to be apart of a wedding and getting a chance to just make pretty things. 
And it was even better because it was for a family that I love. 

Now that I've caught yall up on my "fun" projects I can say I've checked one thing off my  list!
Now I've gotta catch you up on the Thankful Project, 5 week Review, New York, school and a fabulous dinner that Reed made me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...