Sunday, December 2, 2012

Cow hide Camera Bag from Porteen Gear

Last week I shared with you some of my favorite etsy finds. 
Today, I thought it would be good to do a little review on one of the items that I recently purchased!!
Robyn at Porteen Gear makes stunning totes and camera bags. 
I order this one for my mom for her birthday back at the beginning of November.
Robyn has pre-made bags in her store but she also does custom designs where you can pick everything from the size to up to 4 different fabrics!  

My mom is very similar to me in the fact that we love to be different and we appreciate little funky things in life :) 
When I saw Robyns cow hide bags I just couldn't pass it up!

This particular bag is an acid washed cow hide. 
The hide is used for the front flap and the shoulder pad. 


Here is a close up of the cow hide. 
Its pretty awesome looking isn't it!


For the back of the bag Robyn uses a waxed canvas that looks extremely similar to leather. 


And for the inside I was able to choose the fabric color along with an accent fabric for the front pocket! 


The bag was designed to carry my moms Nikon D5000 with a 18-55mm lens and an extra 55-200 mm lens. They fit in perfectly and there is even enough room for a few other goodies. 


The bag is nicely padded so no need to worry about the camera or lens getting bumped around too much! There are also pockets on the front and back and interior that are great for little camera extras. 
Robyn has also included a beautiful little zipper bag that is great for extra SD cards! 


The only thing I would say about this entire thing that isn't totally positive is that it takes a few weeks to be made. I messed up by not ordering in time so it made it to my mom about 2 weeks after her birthday. 
However, Robyn totally warned me of this and even added a note in when she shipped it so my mom would know it was from us kids as a late birthday present :) 

My mom was extremely excited to have her new bag!! 
And i think the biggest plus is that its cool enough that when my dad needs to hold it for my mom he wont look too funny :) 

Robyn is super sweet and extremely easy to work with. I would highly recommend her shop and camera bags for any gift for the photographer in your life!! 
Don't forget to check out her shop, and if you order something be sure to tell her I sent you! 

Robyn at Porteen Gear on Etsy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...