Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Burlap Christmas Tree

This is the first time I've ever done my own decorating for the Holidays. 
I've shared multiple times that our house is teeny, tiny, small. 
So, we don't have a ton of room for a tree but I really wanted to decorate for 
OUR FIRST CHRISTMAS :)

I decided that I needed to come up with something that would be cheap and unique.
We have about a million pieces of burlap from the wedding and decided that would be the perfect material. I got Reed to pick up a tomato stand from Lowes and decided to cover it in the burlap. 

First step I drew out a pattern that I then cut it out of the burlap. 

Once I cut out the pieces I then glued them to a piece of yarn. 


I left enough room when glueing to allow the pieces to move freely. 


I then wrapped the burlap banner around the upside down tomato stand. 
TA DA!! It looks like a tree!
Lyd (my younger sister) says it looks like its dead, but
I LOVE IT. 
The texture is so fun and it still leaves spaces for hanging ornaments. 


Heres the (almost) finished tree! 
I love the way it looks but it still needs some color. 
I've got another post coming soon to show some of my homemade and cheap ornaments. 



Hope everyone is having fun getting ready for the Holidays!
I know I'm enjoying the gift shopping and all of the fun crafts :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...