Monday, March 12, 2012

Midterms, wedding stuff, or crafts?

I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off the past couple of weeks. My schedule went from being pretty consistent to not having enough hours in the day for everything I needed to get done. So, I don't really know how to fit everything in right now.
Because my brain is basically spaghetti I don't think I can hold a good enough train of thought to write a good post. So, this one will just be a quick update to try and clear out some of the mumbo jumbo floating around up there :)

Alright well, these are some more signs. The one on the leftt was a custom order for The Fizz and the one on the right is a gift for my new nephew! (If he ever gets here). I just hope he doesn't wait much longer cause I already wrote in March :)


 And these are a few new tins for family. The one on the right is for my cousin who is getting married in April. Annnd the Red Sox was for my cousin-in-law.


Annnd finally! This is the scarf that Deborah won a while back. I love the verse she chose "She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25. PERFECT for this scarf.

Now thats all I've done for crafts recently. I have a lot of stuff lined up for the Fizz that I need to get done later this week.
This was  my most recent sculpture project. It was my first group project in an art class and at first I was not excited about it. But I got a really great group and we came up with a fantastic idea. This project was to come up with a sculpture that could be placed outside of the future CVA building. We had to create a design proposal complete with a budget and materials list.
This is the site model, meaning we made a scaled down version of the proposed CVA building site and the sculpture.

Our idea behind this sculpture was to combine the 3 different arts, the plastic arts(sculpture/painting/ceramics ect), structural arts (architecture etc.), and the performing arts (dance/theatre/music). This sculpture is a place that will bring the 3 arts together and reach out towards the rest of campus to create a gathering space. Each of the arms/branches represents one of the arts and they meet and swirl together before spreading back out towards campus. We have then placed leaf like swings and chairs that would create gathering places for students to come and sketch, relax, eat lunch, or even hold a class lecture.

The image below was created by one of my group members to show the birds eye view of our sculpture. 

This was a lot of research and not a lot of actual building but it turned out to be more fun than expected and I totally learned a LOT.

Basically, thats all I have done art wise recently. I've been making progress on some wedding plans which I'll try and update you guys on soon. I love sharing how God is blessing Reed and I. He has shown us so much grace and given us more than we deserve that it makes us even more excited to share our story with everyone.

Next week is spring break so I will hopefully be able to catch up on life. Reed will be flying to Nicaragua with one of his good friends for the week. I wish I could go with him but I know he needs some man time and I have loads to get done here.

But in less than 5 months I will be marrying my best friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...