Friday, August 16, 2013

Think Big Fund

So I'm starting to pursue a dream I've had for a while. If you've been around the blog (or me) for any length if time you know I've got a love for furniture and art. A dream that I've had for a long time has always been to own my own business revolved around my passion for creative style in homes and everyday life. My concept for my art even revolves around the same idea to an extent. 
Now that Reed has been blessed with his dream job and God has continued to pour out his blessings and provide us with all our needs, I've decided to pursue my dreams. Reed and I are working on finding me a shop/shed that we can put in the back yard for me to use as a studio. We have a few good options that we just have to find the time to make happen. The next big step in this entire process is to gather funds to help me set up my new studio. Being a sculptor and having a desire to design and build furniture requires some pretty heavy duty tools. And heavy duty tools cost lots of money! 

So in an attempt to to raise these funds I am pursuing my Etsy shop with a new fervor! I've added multiple new items at reasonable prices in hopes to increase the number of sales. I am already planning a few items for the holidays in hopes to get more of my work in your homes!! 
I am also in the process of professionally updating my blog. I have found a beautiful designer who is helping me tie all if my "sites" (Etsy, blog, and Facebook) together. To kick this off I am planning a big giveaway featuring other small businesses on and off Etsy. So be sure to check back in to stay up to date! 
My dream is that I will have enough funds to set up shop and start selling my own creations instead of relying on pieces that just need refurbishing. 

If you are interested in being a part of this new studio let me know and I can give you more detailed information!! Also if there is a project you would like for me to tackle I am looking for more custom projects. Just leave a comment or message me with what you are looking for and we can start the process of working together! 


And thank you to everyone who has already helped me get this process started!! It has been a long time coming and I am so grateful that God has finally allowed me the ability to pursue my dreams!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...