Saturday, August 29, 2015

Being Bold With Deadlines

Our trip to Nicaragua is approaching so quickly.
I am beyond excited for being there with my friends and sharing this place that creates experiences that change lives. But lately my heart has been really heavy and I have been struggling with my feelings towards this trip. Feelings of exhaustion, wanting to give up, feelings of pride, and timidity.

I am writing this to remind myself that those are not feelings from God. In 2 Timothy 1:7-9 we are told this.

 "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity,but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life -- not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace."  - 2 Tim 1:7-9
But I am also writing this to encourage YOU, my family- friends -blog world -York/Rock Hill community and my home town. I want you to know that even knowing my passion for missions comes from the Lord does not mean I don't worry or fear about the outcome. My heart so desperately wants God to show up in a big way and just let this trip happen, but I am having to trust that sometimes (all of the time) God knows better than me. He knows that we weren't meant to reach our Go Fund Me goal in 1 week like I hoped. He wanted me to call on Him when I saw our deadline approaching and very little funds coming in. I don't think this is "suffering" but I do know that God doesn't want us to worry. He doesn't want us to feel hopeless and that is how I was feeling when looking at our accounts. He has called us to a holy life, a life that we proclaim his power, and share his grace.



So here is the deal. Our trip to Nicaragua is October 30th - November 6th. Flights need to be purchased, basically yesterday. We need to also raise the funds to pay for our lodging, food, and transportation. PLUS we need to have our funds ready to serve. Funds to purchase desks for the children at Los Rios school, gathering medical supplies to give in the hospital, and funds to purchase materials for our construction project in the community. Every ounce of this trip is dependent on funds raised and that TERRIFIES ME.

BUT! God called us to be bold with our finances, to be bold with our lives. So I believe that these funds will come. That God will touch the hearts of those meant to give and our Go Fund Me account will expand, and our mail boxes will be filled with checks. And very soon we will be able to purchase the supplies we need to make the connections that will change our lives and theirs forever.

If you feel like being apart of this trip through a financial donation visit our GoFundMe page or email me for more details! langdon.gracie@gmail.com
 photo gracie-sig_zps2d86285f.jpg
>>Ya know, this trip is turning out to be a huge lesson for me. I didn't expect this as I have traveled to Nicaragua so many times, I thought I would just finally be sharing my experiences with others. But God is using this role he has placed me in as a way to teach me how to trust and be bold in my life. He always blows my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...