Wednesday, September 3, 2014

4 Ingredient Blueberry Bake



Basically, this blueberry bake is ah-mazing! Reed came home about 2 weeks ago with about 6 lbs of fresh blueberries so I was trying my hardest to come up with recipes to use them in. This one was a hit and even though blueberry season is over, I HAVE to share this recipe. It is the easiest and one of the best things I've ever made and I'm sure you can modify it to which ever fruit is in season :) 



All you need is 4 ingredients. Yep, FOUR!
1 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of sugar
1 box of yellow cake mix
1/3 cup of butter

I've made this twice now and kinda played around with the amounts of each ingredient, you can add more or less sugar to your liking and the same with the butter.
I've also used 2 different type of cake mixes, and my favorite was the always faithful jiffy mix :)


Here are the ever so simple steps to making your mouth water :)
1. spray a baking dish with cooking spray and add your blueberries
2. Mix your berries and sugar until all your berries are coated.
3. In a separate bowl mix your cake mix and sugar. (depending on if you want your batter more cake-y or like a crumble adjust your butter amounts)
4. Layer your cake mixture over your blueberries
5. Finally, bake on 350 degrees until golden brown!


Yep, it is really that simple. 4 ingredients and 5 steps until you can have this deliciousness in your mouth! Like I said I'm sure you can adjust this to your fruit that is in season. We have also made this with peaches and it is another family favorite :) 

If you try it out with something new let me know! I would love to hear what y'all bake up :) 


 photo gracie-sig_zps2d86285f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...