Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sausage Veggie Skillet



Alright, I'm not a food blogger by any means.
I'm not even someone that would consider myself a cook. 
My mom still thinks my husband cooks every meal for us... 

But this year I've learned a lot about cooking and how to prepare meals for our little family of 2 (one of us eats like 4 so most of our meals are rather large...). I've started meal planning which helps a lot with being creative with your food. And as much as I'm not a huge Pinterest-er I've found that I'm a HUGE fan of other more talented cooks sharing recipes. This recipe is just that. I found it on Pinterest from The Comfort of Cooking (you can check the original one out HERE). 


Basically, I clicked on it the first time because its beautiful. 
I mean look at all those colors and textures! Plus I needed a new way to cook veggies other than just baking them. I've posted the link to the original pin like 4 times on Facebook, shared it with lots of friends and made it at least 6 times this summer. Basically we love it and I'm so glad I found it :) 

So here is my spin on the Sausage Veggie Skillet! (And yes it is different from the original, mostly because I never follow recipes, but also because I cook with what I have on hand.) 



What you need: 
Olive Oil
1 Zucchini
1 Yellow Squash
1 Red Bell Pepper
4 Red Potatoes
1/2lb of ground sausage
3 cloves minced garlic
1T Italian Seasoning
Ground Pepper
1/2t Garlic Powder

What you do: 
Step 1: Brown sausage in your skillet (I use venison sausage but use whatever you have) and remove from skillet. 
Step 2: Cube up potatoes and roast, covered, until soft. (This can take a while, and be sure to add in your olive oil and keep them moving so they don't burn!)
Step 3: Sauté diced onion and bell pepper.
Step 4: Once the onion and bell pepper are almost done add in the zucchini and squash. 
Step 5: Once all veggies are mostly cooked add back in your sausage and seasonings. 
Step 6: Cover and let cook another 5 minutes on low. Once all veggies are soft you are ready to roll! 


Now I'm gonna go eat it!
Yes, I made this earlier tonight but Reed isn't home yet so I'm waiting (not so) patiently to dig in!
 photo gracie-sig_zps2d86285f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...