Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My "one day" Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is coming soon! 
I think this is my favorite Holiday. 
I've always enjoyed getting together and just hanging out with family around good food. 

I've always dreamed and drooled over how I would hold my own Thanksgiving feast one day. 
This year, I'm married and have my own little home. 
As much as I would LOVE to have my family come and celebrate at our house it really is too small. 
We would have people sitting in both bedrooms just to fit in half the family! 

But, one day I will have a bigger house that can hold my entire family and THEN I will host Thanksgiving!
For now I'm just going to have to be happy with collecting inspiration for my future Thanksgiving.

Here are a few of my favorite things I've found this season :)

I love this table done by Stacy at Not Just a House wife
My family always has some kind of awesome cake or pie at every occasion  I love the idea of adding the pumpkins :) 

Oh my goodness aren't these cozy sweater pumpkins the cutest! 
StoneGable has an easy tutorial on how to make them so I guess I could do them this year... but then my house would be over run by pumpkins . I need more space for decorating!! 

Another table center piece that I can't help but drool over is from Aunt Peaches.
This stunning apple orchard center piece is so easy but adds so much whimsy to the table. 
It probably helps that I just got back from an AWESOME apple picking trip for my birthday :) 

One day my house will have a dining room with a chandelier. 
Still not sure what style chandelier but something that I can add this to for fall for sure! 
Katie from Creative Living has added my favorite thing ever to her fall chandelier, FEATHERS!
And everyone knows Reed has all the feathers any one could ever want! 



So one day in my dream house I will be able to incorporate some of these awesome designs for my fall decor! I just love crafting and am trying to get a head start on Christmas. I want to for-real decorate this year!! 

2 comments:

  1. All those are so pretty! My family still haven't decided what we'll do for Thanksgiving but I was def inspired by these ideas :)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan I'm so glad you like these! The women who created them have so much talent! I can't wait until I can host my own thanksgiving and use a few of these ideas! If you end up using one of these projects as inspiration I would love to see it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...