Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mural, mural on the wall... continued

I'll admit it, I have been finished with this project for about a week now. However, I have been unbelievably busy and I am just not a professional blogger yet; so, often blogging is put on the back burner. But I still want to show you guys the finished room!


Before I show you the final product I want to share the process of painting the canvas for above the bed. 

This is the canvas and pillow case from the PB sheet set. The canvas was 36" X 48". Yes, HUGE I know.

I wanted to give you guys a close up of the pattern. Obviously it's pretty busy. For both the mural and the canvas I selected bits and pieces of the pattern to blow up and replicate.


TA DA! FINISHED!! This canvas took me about 5 or 6 hours to sit down and paint. I don't know why it took me so long, the only reason I can think of would be the fact that I was sitting on the floor in the middle of my living room. So it wasn't exactly the most comfortable situation. Next time I paint a large canvas I am definitely investing in an easel! 

Oh, I also realized that the canvas was almost too large to fit in my jeep. So I wanted to share with you the adventure I took just to get the canvas about 10 miles down the road. 




Even with the lack of visibility in the Jeep I managed to get the canvas there safely :) 

The canvas will be hung above the bed but we just propped it on the headboard for the time being. 

YAYYYY! All finished! Kinsey got her room finished, well almost finished. They are still planning to add a small chandelier and a fun chair in the corner. But for the most part all of the "big" projects are done! I love the color that these paintings brought to the room and I also really really enjoyed painting on such a large scale. 


Hopefully I will get to do another mural soon! I'm thinking about painting some picture frames on my wall next, I'll let you know how it turns out. 


WARNING: School is starting in less than a week so I may be off the radar for a few days while I get everything set up in my apartment and ready for classes. But don't worry I'm going to document the entire thing so that when I finally do get time I can keep you up to date on all my projects!! 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...